Saturday, September 5, 2009

Blast From The Past.

This morning there was a thunderstorm (that continues as we speak) that allowed me to sleep in and coupe up something to share with you:

Back in middle school, when I was in seventh grade, I had a friend named Dave. Well, we are dating in present time, and going to what seems like college together.

That weekend, I had a Dane Cook comedy show to go to, and boy was I stoked. I sat in the front row, looking at him in awe. It was only to my amazement when he reached out to me and whispered to join him backstage. I went of course, with no hesitation.

Once there, it seemed as if we spoke for hours, and it just so happened that "backstage" was the auditorium at my local college. The more I looked at him, and stared into his eyes, the more I noticed that this was NOT Dane Cook. Yes, he held the name Dane Cook, and yes he was a comedian... but his physique and facial features were not of the Dane Cook everybody seemed so in love with. No... This was Mr.Nick (an after school leader I volunteered for back in my freshman year of high school).

Yet, I did not mind. I walked out of that auditorium smiling, with his hand in my grasp, and not caring if Dave or anybody that knew him would see me.

It was only after I arrived at Music class and heard Dave cracking insults that I knew my secret that was not so much a secret was out... I was dating Dane Cook.

I WAKE UP.

My night/morning consisted of other counter dreams that unfortunately I don't have the memory to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment